This action in the field of Vocational Education and Training (VET) supports international cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships between organisations active in the field of VET in EU Member States, third countries associated to the Erasmus+ programme, or third countries not associated to the programme. They aim to support the relevance, accessibility, and responsiveness of VET institutions and systems in third countries not associated to the programme, as a driver of sustainable socio-economic development. This action is a key component of the EU’s response to the challenges of quality, relevance and responsiveness of VET in third countries not associated to the programme for employment, socio-economic recovery, growth and prosperity.
The action is aligned with the overarching priorities of the European Commission: the Green Deal (including climate change, environment and energy), digital transformation and data technologies, alliances for sustainable growth and jobs, migration partnerships, and governance, peace and security. It is also aligned with the external dimension of EU internal policies in the field of education. It contributes to a successful green and sustainable global economic recovery in the third countries not associated to the programme, linked to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement.
Specifically, the action will:
- reinforce the links between the VET system and its labour market so as to better align VET with (emerging) local labour market opportunities;
- increase the link between VET profiles and local/regional/national strategies and priorities impacted by skills, in particular those supported by other European Union actions, in order to ensure coherence;
- increase the capacities of VET providers especially in the fields of management, governance, inclusion, quality assurance, innovation; and internationalisation;
- support the exposure of staff, managers, policy makers and senior teachers to approaches bringing the labour market and VET closer (dual learning, curriculum development with private sector partners…);
- improve the knowledge, technical, managerial and pedagogical skills of VET teachers and trainers;
- integrate the input from teachers/trainers, VET learners and employers, in particular from the private sector, into curriculum, profile design and training reform;
- improve the level of competences, skills and employability potential of VET learners by developing new and innovative VET education programmes, especially those delivering key competences, such as languages and ICT skills;
- foster cooperation across different regions of the world through joint initiatives.
The total budget for the action is EUR 27 116 244.
The detailed information about this call for proposals in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide will be available in the coming month in the Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal.
The European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), in cooperation with the European Commission, is organising an Online Info Session on the Capacity Building in VET 2022 Call on 7 December 2022 from 14:00 to 17:00 (Brussels time).
The link to the web streaming service will be published in the coming weeks on this web page. No prior registration is necessary.
The recording of the Info Day together with the presentations delivered will be available on the EACEA website shortly after the event.
You will have the chance to ask questions via: EACEA-EPLUS-CBVET@ec.europa.eu. Questions will either be answered during the session or later, depending on the number of questions received. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) will be regularly published in theFunding & Tender Opportunities Portal.
- education grant
Onboarding of participants
Policy priorities by the European Commission, including Q&A session
Example of a project
Panel presentation on eligibility, exclusion, selection and award criteria
Application form and submission procedure
Closure of the event