The #BeActive Awards were created as a central part of the annual European Week of Sport. They aim to support projects and individuals that have successfully promoted sport and physical activity across Europe. The competition contributes to the promotion of the European Week of Sport, while showcasing best-practice projects, and spotlighting inspiring individuals for a pan-European audience.
Since 2015 the #BeActive Awards have recognised and celebrated outstanding initiatives at all levels - especially at local level - to promote sport and physical activity and encourage people to be active. The 2023 #BeActive Awards will feature the following four categories:
- #BeActive Education Award. This award shows how education can encourage children to be active outside the typical school-time sport/physical activities. This may include additional activities, sport days outside of class, after-school activities and other creative solutions that build an active educational environment.
- #BeActive Workplace Award. This award celebrates exemplary activities in the workplace that encourage employees to be more active. This may include all sorts of initiatives that take place during work time, at lunchtime or before/after work, and which promote an active working environment.
- #BeActive Local Hero Award. This award celebrates individual achievements in motivating others to be active. The award recognises individuals who have worked consistently to promote sport and/or physical activity in their local community or environment.
- #BeActive Across Generations Award. This award rewards projects that promote inter-generational sport, and underlines that everyone can benefit from activities that improve health and well-being. This may include the promotion of activities adapted to all generations, the promotion of healthy lifestyles across all generations, as well as easier access to sport and physical activities for all generations
The winner and the finalists (ranked 2nd and 3rd) in each category will receive awards to inspire other organisations and individuals around Europe. They will all be announced and showcased at the award ceremony where they receive their prizes.
The call for proposals has been published on the European Commission's Funding & Tenders (europa.eu) portal and you can submit your entry by 25 May 2023 17:00:00 Brussels time.
- Дата на публикуване
- 17 март 2023
- Европейска изпълнителна агенция за образование и култура