The ‘European Universities’ initiative is part of the ‘Partnerships for Excellence’ support provided in the framework of the new Erasmus+ programme. This initiative has an ambitious mandate aimed to trigger and deepen unprecedented levels of institutional cooperation between higher education institutions, making it systemic, structural and sustainable. It aims to encourage the emergence of bottom-up alliances of universities across Europe, which will enable students to combine studies in several countries.
In line with the priorities of the European Education Area by 2025, these European Universities intend to:
- Promote common European values and a strengthened European identity by bringing together a new generation of Europeans able to cooperate within different cultures, languages, and across borders, sectors and academic disciplines;
- Reach a substantial leap in quality, performance, attractiveness and competitiveness of European higher education institutions, and contribute to the European knowledge economy, employment, creativity, culture and welfare by making the best use of innovative pedagogies and striving to make the knowledge square a reality. ‘European Universities’ will be key drivers to boost the quality of higher education and where possible to strengthen its link to the research and innovation landscape in Europe and its outreach towards the society and economy.
The scope of the Call for proposals of 2022 is to support higher education institutions in gradually achieving their long-term ambitious vision towards becoming a fully-fledged European University. This objective will be achieved through a twofold approach:
- Topic 1: this call topic will provide support for already existing deep institutional transnational cooperation alliances including – but not limited to – the European Universities alliances selected under the 2019 Erasmus+ call for proposals. The aim is to build upon the institutional cooperation achieved so far and to further deepen, intensify and expand the effectiveness of this existing cooperation to advance the higher education transformation process towards fully fledged ‘European Universities’.
- Topic 2: this call topic will provide support for applicants wishing to establish new deep institutional transnational cooperation in a new ‘European Universities’ alliance.
The total budget for the action is EUR 272 000 000.
Detailed information about the European Universities 2022 call is available on the Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal.
The aim of this info session is to provide information about the call for proposals and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
You have the chance to ask questions via: EACEA-EUROPEAN-UNIVERSITIES@ec.europa.eu
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) will be published in the Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal.
To get you started please refer to the EACEA guide: how to get a grant and Webinar session: The Funding & tenders Portal for beginners.
You can watch the recording of the session through this link. All presentations are available below.
Participants are also invited to provide their feedback on the event session via the dedicated event survey.
- education grant
- Xandira diretta fuq l-internet disponibbli
Welcome and introduction
by Themis Christophidou, Director General for Education, Youth, Culture and Sport
by Roberto Carlini, Director European Education and Culture Executive Agency
The new Call for Proposals
Overall policy objectives and award criteria
Vanessa DEBIAIS-SAINTON, Head of Unit DG EAC.B1 for Higher Education
Important elements of the 2022 Call for Proposals
José-Lorenzo VALLÉS, Head of Unit EACEA.A1 for European Higher Education
|10:50-11:30||Preparing an application|
|11:30-12:20||Questions & Answers|
by Sophie BEERNAERTS, Head of Department Erasmus+ and EU Solidarity Corps, EACEA